How to Make a Gnome Valentine Craft with this how-to video and step-by-step make instructions. You are going to have a blast celebrating love day this year at school or at home by making this adorable Valentine gnome craft with your kids.
These cute heart filled Valentine gnomes are easy for preschoolers and kids of all ages to make. They will look fantastic up on display in the home or classroom for Valentine’s Day. You can also turn them into Valentine cards by writing a special message on the inside of large heart held by the gnomes.
Please see the making tutorial in the video below
Video produced by channel: I Heart Crafty Things
You can refer to the simple step-by-step making guide below
We always try to keep the supply list simple for each of our paper crafts, so you probably already have almost everything you need to make your cute Valentine hats. .
Read our simple how-to guide below to learn how to create your own paper gnome. You’ll also want to check out our full video tutorial inside this post before you get started.
Supplies needed to make this paper gnome craft:
- Gnome craft template <—– Purchase the template in our shop
- Colored cardstock paper (red, pink, purple, white, cream and gray)
- glue stick
- embellishments for decorating the gnome hat like heart stickers, paper strips, small paper hearts, pom-poms, crayons, markers, etc.
How to make Gnome Valentine’s Day
1. Buy and download gnome templates at our store. Print each page of the gnome template on colored cardboard. Print the hat of your choice on red, pink or purple; White beard; cream nose and hands; gray shoes; and hearts on pink or red.
To save paper, you’ll find that we’ve included two templates on some of the pages. This way, you can cut the printed pattern in half and have craft pieces for two kids.
Four collages showing the printed pattern, adults glued pieces together to make Valentine’s lover crafts.
2. Cut each piece out of the pattern.
3. Add glue along the top of the beard and attach the hat to it. Then glue the nose to the gnome, overlapping the hat a bit. Next, glue the big heart shape to the center of the gnome beard. Finally, you glue the oval hands at the bottom of the heart in the same way that the gnome is holding the heart.
Gnome Valentine with pink striped hat and gray shoes, holding a large pink paper heart.
4. Add glue at the top of both shoes and glue them at the bottom of the gnome beard.
5. Use crayons, markers, and decorations like hearts, strips of paper, little paper hearts or pom-poms to decorate the gnome hat.
Valentine paper gnome with a red floppy hat decorated with purple hearts embracing a large pink heart.
A classroom filled with cute fluffy cats would make a lovely display to hang outside the classroom or on a wall of art.
To personalize the Valentine craft even more, kids can write a friendly message like “I’m so glad I gnome you!” from within the heart, and gift their lover to a friend or family member for Valentine’s Day.